..the musings of a gal in her 20s dreaming of directing..

[and swooning over the guys, gals, clothes and sets!]

Spoilers? SPOILAGE!

Basically, I do not hold back.
There may be spoilers.
Read at your own risk.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

TRON: Legacy

[2010]
MPAA Rating: PG


After seeing TRON: Legacy for the 1st time.
In Theaters. 3D IMAX. Midnight show.

Likes:

I liked that I was able to keep up with nerdy details.
I really liked the "lights".
I really, really liked swooning over Garrett Hedlund!



Loves:

I loved Micheal Sheen/Castor-Zuse. 
He is an acting genius and totally under-appreciated in Hollywood me thinks!
I loved Olivia Wilde/Quorra.
Not only is she a total babe in her Grid bodysuit but I loved the innocent wonder and equal badassosity of her character!
I loved the baby that sound and score made together!

Mehs:

Meh- to the fact that I love Cillian Murphy and he was only in it a little.
Meh- to the few times I noticed the inconstancy in Clu's animation.



Ewws:

To the character, Clu. In general. I wanted to punch him.



Overall:

I am stealing the thoughts of my friend, Ryan.
"For those who say the story is not that deep, I ask you one question: The title is Tron Legacy. Who is the term legacy applying to? Is it Clu? Is it Quorra? Is it Sam? By the end of the movie the term suits all of these characters well at the end of the film, and all for different reasons."
source
 I thought it was great and I look forward to going again!

Recommended for:
Nerds.
Those who want to see great 3D & special effects- better than Avatar I say!
Those who want to swoon over Garret, Olivia, Micheal, Beau, Cillian for a minute, Daft Punk in general and even sometimes Jeff!
Those who want to enjoy 2hrs of another universe!


[links]

2 comments:

  1. I felt awesome for getting all of the 'nerdy' details! I watched the original Tron a couple days before seeing it.. this was a great movie. And I think CLU's animation was done amazingly! Of course a few times it was much more noticeable that he was computer animated, but I truly thought it was a real actor a couple of times. It was a beautiful movie.
    Oh, and the soundtrack? Downloaded it right after I got home from seeing the movie. Ha!

    ReplyDelete